Sunday, April 3, 2016

Does a Narcissist Always Have to be Right?

First let me say I am not trained in psychology, everything I know about narcissists I learned from experience in life. Let me tell you I've known quite a few narcissists, and they all have some of the same traits and characteristics.
One common complaint people have about narcissists is that they always have to be right. In any conversation a narcissist will not change their ideas or opinions about any subject no matter how much logic they are presented with that proves them wrong. The narcissist will insist they know what they're talking about to the point of throwing a tantrum as a response to those who disagree. 
My opinion is this behavior is not a need to be right, it's the need for everyone to agree. The way I see it, for a person to be right about something they should have a certain amount of knowledge of what they're talking about. People who are not narcissists can make a logical point in a conversation or debate and explain their point, a narcissist cannot.
A narcissist doesn't have to be right all the time, they just expect everyone to agree with them all the time.
What do you think?  Please leave a comment.


3 comments:

  1. I know a few narcissist in my time. One lady in particular was stubborn. When she thought she was right. She was right. Even when she was wrong. I literally had to prove to her more than once by looking something up on the computer. She told me straight out til I proved her wrong by looking on the computer she would not believe me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the type Sandy! I'll bet she was not ever able to prove her point.

      Delete
  2. I've known a few of these in my online communities. Always have to have everyone agree with them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...